
This weekend was full of birthdays, family, friends, yummy food and windy beach outings.
I have so much to be thankful for.
Life is good.
Here are a couple of things I've been thinking about:

I am so appreciative of the people in my life who seek to see the best in others.
They truly sparkle--
the result of years of walking on the bright side of life.
A little family goal we have is to scrap negativity.
We want our home to be a positive place.
A worry-free, anxiety-free, gloom-free zone.
Is it any wonder that, statistically, positive people maintain better health?
I think they are likely to enjoy life a lot more as well.
This weekend my dear friend Emma reminded me of a book I read a couple of years ago, A Mother's Heart.
I remember the effect this book had on me when my daughter was only six months old--inspiring me to be a better mother.
Emma mentioned a blog she's been reading that has had a similar effect for her:
Kelle Hampton's Enjoying the Small things.
I've been reading through Kelly's posts since then and: wow.
Talk about a mother who makes the most of the small moments with her children and who lives life on the bright side.
And loves it.
I dare any mother out there to read Nella's birth story and not be moved. There are always reasons to find life hard and there are always things to worry about. But I guarantee there's always more to be thankful for.
And there's always room to love more.
Here are a couple of her stunning photographs:





Here's another thought:
I have been dwelling on a little extension to our family goal recently which is to always assume the best of people.
I guess it's another definition of grace.
I cannot fully understand what motivates the actions and choices of others and I can never fully comprehend their history or their circumstances--especially when their personality is very different to my own, and sometimes, no matter how well I know them.
Here's our new family value: we refuse to make judgements.
We want to always see the best,
assume the best
and give the benefit of the doubt.
It begins in our minds and with our thoughts about others.
Here's my paraphrase of a quote I heard recently:
What I think about, I begin to say. What I begin to say, I begin to do. What I begin to do, I become.
I want my defaults--to myself and to others--to be love peace and joy.

Here is another blog that I have been loving recently: forty-sixth at grace.
I love her style. Her use of white space and poetry. Her stunning photos and ridiculously good-looking food. You may also notice the inspiration for the cupcakes I baked for my Dad's birthday this weekend (top image).
Love it.
Here's a taste:




And here's another recipe from 'the book' to add to the blog this week. A pretty darn good chocolate mousse.
Click here for the recipe.
Unfortunately I don't know who gave it to me, but thank you whoever you are! Yum!

Hope you all had wonderful weekends!
Lots of love
xxx
'You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.' Atticus Finch
Great Blog D, Love the thoughts, the photos and the CUPCAKES!! and thanks for the birthday celebrations :-)
ReplyDeleteI am I N S P I R E D!!!!! LOVE YOUR WORK X X X
ReplyDeleteL O V E ! ! ! Here's to always seeing the best in life and in each other!!!!! xxx
ReplyDeleteInspirational and exactly the boost I need right now! Love your blog :)
ReplyDeleteJust rereading this post babe - and it is awesome! Just LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I'm going to get our family values up on our walls - it's so good to be reminded! xxx
ReplyDelete