Monday, December 20, 2010

cute kids & clever people









Wow is this weather intense or what? Auckland may not know whether she wants to shine or pour, but she definitely knows how to do muggy. Eek! I've spent a large percentage of my days this week with baby in arms, rocking and jiggling then peeling his sweaty little body off mine and into his bassinet. And Sophia has spent a lot of her time covered in sand, her skin whiter than ever under layers of sludgy sunblock.

















And we've been doing a bit of Christmas baking and much present wrapping (not to mention the present shopping which is now complete--phew).

















And there are many other things I've intended to do but haven't quite gotten to. As per usual these December weeks have disappeared and Christmas Eve is now days away. So I'm left with not a lot to share but a few pics of the little cuties we've spent time with recently. I can't get enough of shooting kiddies at the moment so I'm sure there will be many more of these to come over the next few days...

























































Love them!

And as for those clever people I alluded to in the title of this post...












The beautiful, talented and unbelievably inspiring Dee from Tiny Eyes and Dee*Construction painted this exquisite portrait of our little William. We just love it! So special. Clever lady...check out her blog and facebook...

And when I saw Lyla (one of Dee's custom dolls, pictured below) I had to nab her for my little niece. Of course, once she'd arrived I was tempted to keep her, but that's how it goes--the best pressies are the ones you want to keep!

















And the other clever lady I have been wanting to showcase (yet again) for a while now is my ultra talented mum. She recently exhibited and sold out--it's stunning stuff. The following is a shot of my fav...

(Check out Mum's website here.)











Exquisite!


















A while back now I bundled up my littlies and took them to Mum's exhibition. Sophia checked out the art and then made her own. And I can't help but thinking that she is a little artist in the making. :) [The above pieces are by artist Suzanne Day--unfortunately no website to link to.]


















I hope to be back at least once before Christmas, I'm not liking posting so infrequently!

Hope you all are managing to enjoy this period in the midst of the madness!!

x


4 comments:

  1. wow! look at all those delicious babes...no wonder you take pictures of them :)
    and that print only looks amazing because of that stunning frame ;) and so lovely to see Lyla in her new home
    thank you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mum's eye view of my sweet nephew in the Nature's Sway.....

    Great pics as always! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' the pics and wish I could get Lyla's outfit in adult size. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails