Tuesday, March 22, 2011

i ♥ castle




Rolling opening shot of 5 month old looking cute:








Admire.



Cue blog post:



So I had one of those moments a few weeks back where online coveting didn't quite cut it and I had to purchase. The items of desire were pillow slips by Castle and Things. Fluro orange, grey and black velvet. I have been saving them for our new place and just stuffed them with pillows for the first time to take this shot. Mmm... dreamy. (Literally.)










It's a good thing I purchased from Castle and Things, really, as it might make up for the fact that I have blatantly stolen their idea with my latest creation. It doesn't always happen but this is one of those times. (Check out their prints and embroidery here.) I was inspired by the colourful felt cutout pieces, took a few lines from my favourite Yeats poem and freehanded my letters in Illustrator to give them a mismatched, cutout feel.











We have been packing this week and are eagerly anticipating our move on Saturday. In fact, this is how it makes us feel...






















Just a little bit excited!










:)



x




13 comments:

  1. oh i LOVE the print...and the words are delicious.
    clever, clever you :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!!! VERY clever! Getting SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your 3 month old, your photos are stunning as always .. but the wet little toes are just too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, lovely images, I heart the print too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh exciting times at your place. Hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That print is gorgeous, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that poem as well, and you've done a gorgeous job with it. Am having to prevent myself from re-stealing a stolen idea and making my own!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous print, and your photos are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pillow slips! And those are such gorgeous photo's of your sweet little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dee! Scrumptious bed linen! :)
    Hope you move goes well today - take a break when you can and enjoy some play with the kiddos. That print is cool - inspired :)
    See you one the other side of the move!
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comments everyone! The move went well--a mission, but we're in! Yay! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on moving into the new place! Love the pillow cases and your amazing poem design, as well as of course, your cute kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW....that print is brilliant!!! Poem makes it too!!!! Your are so talented my friend!!! Love those little babes! xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails