
So, amongst other things, I've repainted a couple of old chairs and picture frames and am in the process of creating a few prints to fill them. Honestly, why would you ever spend hundreds (literally) to get prints framed professionally when you can purchase large secondhand frames for $5 and scrub them up? I'll share more picks once we move (everything does look better on a wooden floor, after all).

I saw a post a while ago over at Annaleenas HEM and was inspired to paint some old candlesticks and bottles with blackboard paint. I am actually in the process of painting some old drawers and filing cabinets with the stuff as well. I might need to start restraining myself or I'll have a black-boarded house. (My daughter's dream, I imagine!)

Surprisingly enough (or maybe not if you know me), the room that I am most excited about decorating is the study. The long hours that my husband works at home mean that a study is a top priority in our family. The room that we have picked out for it is, serendipitously, large enough for two desks. Yes, two--one for him and one for me. And a wall of books--wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Heaven. I am trying to work out how to build these shelves cheaply so if anyone knows of any simple and inexpensive shelf DIYs to direct me to I'd be much obliged!
I keep a kind of 'scrapbook of ideas' in a folder on the desktop and drag images I like into it regularly. (So, unfortunately, I cannot link to all of these pictures--let me know if you have the links and I'll post them.) Here are a couple of the study spaces that have inspired me the most:




Annaleenas HEM

Running themes: trestle tables, angular desk lamps, painted chairs and clutter. Love.
x
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to give some inspiration:)
Have a beautiful day,
love Annaleena
Thanks Annaleena! Your home is absolutely stunning. So very clever and inspiring--I will keep on stealing your ideas... :)
ReplyDeleteLovely images. I'm loving the blackboard paint on the bottles idea. So much fun for small boys who like to create their own 'potions'!
ReplyDeleteHave fun creating the perfect space.
Inspiration indeed! Love what you're doing and can't wait to see your "finished" space!
ReplyDeleteVERY cool Dee!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! Will be posting the progress...
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY...awesome junk projects! SO MUCH FUN!!!
ReplyDelete