Don't have a lot to post about today except to say that I have been wondering what it is in me that makes me think I can easily take on a large sized quilt in a couple of days. Yes, I did honestly think it would be a breeze--sew a few squares together, how long could it take?
So in the wee hours of Saturday morning (I am talking wee hours) it began to dawn on me that I may have deluded myself a little. Needless to say, there is a LOT of cutting, sewing, arranging, piecing together, ironing, back stretching and cup of tea pouring involved in quilting.
So now I am wondering what it is in me that makes me, despite the effort of the night before, spontaneously decide to double the work load and make my quilt reversible? Two times as much work as I started with. Conclusion: I am officially a crazy pregnant woman. Yes, I am blaming it all on pregnancy and those incomprehensible nesting energies. :)
Here is the progress so far. (Found the perfect vintage fabric on Etsy--retro sheeting.)


Quilting is a little addictive, I have discovered, and I am enjoying myself despite the long haul. Like a puzzle, you can see it slowly forming into itself and you get that just one more piece thing going on.
Needless to say, we've been living in mess. It's inevitable when the sewing machine comes out.

And Sophia has been busying herself with crafting of her own...

...parking her cars in rows around the house and drawing pages and pages of 'cars' (love it!)...

...and a fun visit to Opa and Grandma's house where her Grandma took these beautiful snaps.


Believe it or not I have managed, quilting or no, to sort and wash out a few itty bitty stretch and grows. Weeeee--getting a little excited!

That's all for now. I am hoping I will be back in a couple of days with a few finished bits and pieces to share. :)
X
Ohhh very exciting!!! I love it! And if ANYONE can do it - YOU can do it!!! I need another project now! Am thinking I should probably give Ian Barger somewhere to lay his funny strange looking doll baby head! So maybe I could do a doll quilt?! Definitely more my size hehe! Love those pics of Fia! And bless the little itty bitty washing!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteS T U N N ING!!!!!!!!!!!! GO crazy pregnant woman!!!!!!!!!!!! X
ReplyDeleteThanks you two!! :) Haha--Ian Barger--always cracks me up! I'm sure he would LOVE his own quilt!! :) xx
ReplyDeleteoh! I LOVE the quilt. it's sheer dee-light! ;)
ReplyDeletei was given a whole bunch of unwanted fabric awhile back and at the bottom of the tub were these lovely squares of marble-dyed fabric. hand dyed I presume...I am itching to make them into a light outdoor summer "throw" (quilt). not quite sure where to start though...
Dee
Ooh that sounds fun. You could always check out this site for ideas: http://comfortstitching.typepad.co.uk/
ReplyDelete:)
clever clever clever lady. i'm loving your darling car mad girl with her scrumptious curls xx
ReplyDelete