
A few things that have made me smile this week:
1. The snap above. Where's Fia gone??

2. These little sheepie boots. Too cute. The weather's warming up but a newborn always needs snuggly things eh? That's how I justify them anyway.

3. My little sous-chef/cupcake devourer.

An electric beater is just a little bit too much fun! As is giving gingerbread men currant 'gloves', 'hats' and 'shoes'. They might get cold otherwise. Oh, and they need 'tummy buttons' too. :)


We adapted a ginger loaf recipe from Taste Magazine. A few variations (according to what was in the pantry) and we had gingerbread cupcakes. Actually not bad. Grab our version of the recipe here. (Link coming soon...)

4. Ok, this one made me more than smile...

Dear little Coolpix, you have served me well but you are no longer needed...
...eeeeeeek!
Yes, my hot husband may have agreed with me that a new camera is a very worthy investment before the birth of a new baby. :) Our first SLR and wow doesn't cover it. I've stuck a bunch of the first experimental photos in this post. However, there are still a few here that were snapped by old Coolie-Coolpix. I'll send a free coffee to the first to guess which ones are not quite SLR quality.
[Top tip: If you're thinking it's these you're way off...]



5. The awesomeness of Katie and her dress up costumes. Sophia was obsessed with this firefighter getup. Hehe, kids are awesome.

6. The fact that this belly will soon no longer be.

7. Finally (perhaps I should have started with these as they have made me beam all week) Sophia's drawings. Every mother gets to brag about their child's brilliance right? Well, these 'dogs' are damn brilliant. :)



As are these 'trains'. Complete with track, steam and passengers.

Incase you hadn't guessed I am a rather proud mum. ;)

The two pics above are not amazing but a demonstration of how sharp our new camera is (with no flash) in the dimmest lighting ever. *contented sigh*
That's all for now. Hope your weeks have been full of smiles too.
x
an SLR?? so lucky!
ReplyDeletei'm picking the fireman/dress up pics are with the Coolie-Coolpix?? :)
how long until your baby is due? that is a gorgeous belly xo
Absolutely beautiful photography - with both cameras! And yep, I reckon the firetruck ones are coolie coolpix camera shots. :)
ReplyDeleteVERY excited for you about your new toy!! Thanks for sharing - now I'm smiling too!!! LOVE those firemen! X
ReplyDeleteHehe, yes for the firetruck pics. The chalk drawings are also coolie-coolpix shots but a little less obvious. Dee, you should email your address to: natdeeburg@xtra.co.nz and I'll get that coffee to you ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!!!!!!! I just love the where's fia pic??!!! And YES I AGREE those dogs and trains are EPIC!!!!!!1
ReplyDelete