
I have been intending to write Will's story for so long now, even while sitting in that lonely hospital room for weeks. I keep wanting to start but I've realised that I still can't actually find the words. So, to avoid leaving it for months I thought I'd post some of the pictures Nat and I took through the process. Many of them were just boredom snaps but I'm glad now that they were taken as they tell a part of the story in their own way.
And so does this track from Ian McIntosh's new album Alive (the whole album is epic by the way), click play before you scroll through the pics.
That's the best I can do right now, but I'm sure I'll be writing bits and pieces before long. The photos start on the day I went in to labour, and end with our homecoming.
Love Dee
x

Grammie was AMAZING! Tirelessly and lovingly caring for our little girl full time for a month. We love you Mum!



This image still freaks me out a bit.

This poster is displayed in the birthing suite...I imagine many women in labour have disagreed... :)

Waiting for Sophia under the sparkly trees...


Running up the hill to meet me. :)
Visits in our hospital room & Sophia's 'wink'.
Our brave little man.
And those SATs came up.


And those prongs came off.


The day I finally got to dress him in his own clothes and buckle him in to his car seat. Happy day!

We love you beautiful William.

"A picture is worth a thousand words" and what a story... you were ALL SO BRAVE throughout the journey & HOOORAY for happy endings!!! LOVE the shots of Sophia and William together - beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMOVED.
ReplyDeleteThere are no other words.
Tears welled in my eyes...glad they finished with happy ones. :)
Absolutely beautiful. Who needs words when pictures tell so much - you are inspirational, sweet sister! xxx
ReplyDeleteyou have told william's story so eloquently and so sensitively it is absolutely beautiful. xx
ReplyDeleteadore him! beautiful post. you are amazing. love you xx
ReplyDeleteWow Dee. That's pretty amazing - possibly says everything! Love the pics of Nat with Will. You were all so courageous! Love William - Victorious! Praise God!
ReplyDeletebrings tears to my eyes.
ReplyDeleteYou have captured and told his story so beautifully. I love every single pic, espeically the ones of Fifi running up to you and William smiling and Fifi :)
So precious, Dee.
Oh dee, love it. he really is a brave soldier, you all are. so happy he is home babe - so happy. incredible photos, i love love love the b&w's. cant wait to see the next installations. we love you guys heaps. ps. legend grammie xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely Dee, such a beautiful post. All my love to you and your beautiful family. xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post, Dee. Thanks for sharing. xx
ReplyDeleteDee I had no idea you had such a tough time at the starts of William's life. The song was perfect. Moved to the core by this blog...and I am reading it around the time of his first birthday - hooray! What gorgeous children and what a creative, beautiful and amazing mother (and quite a handsome father) they have.
ReplyDelete