Thursday, May 12, 2011

life in pearly pink




So the lovely Renee from Butterfly Kisses & Fairy Wishes linked to me (and nine other clever bloggers) in this post. (Do check out Renee's blog, it is lovely.) I had a scroll through the blogs she referred us all to and came upon this fun photo processing tutorial by Pearlie Pink found here. I had never heard of Picnik.com, referred to in this post as 'the poor man's photoshop'. Well, it really is! I had a blast uploading a couple of pics and pearlie-pinking them...for FREE!























Just a little bit TOO much fun! (FYI the shots are random snaps from this week, largely featuring Sophia's rainbow playdough 'birthday cakes'.)








All this pearlie-pinking got me to thinking... Anyone keen for a few image processing tips and tutorials as a part of this blog? Do let me know if you are. Seriously, a bit of tweaking can make quite a difference to a shot. For example, here is one of my shots in it's original (straight off the camera) form, followed by the same shot after some standard tweaking:









Ah yes, and just because, here it is after some pearlie-pinking (hehe):








:)

x




3 comments:

  1. Oh yes please - so you need any special software?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked out Butterfly Kisses & Fairy Wishes - VERY fun! Stunning photography Dee - LOVE the pearlie-pinking!!! Would appreciate some image processing tips and tutorials (not that I could EVER come up with anything as amazing as you!!) PS. Awesome new header by the way & the like new font too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! A new look - Tres cool!
    Tips are always appreciated - even for those of us who don't have super cameras! (Or should I say ESPECIALLY for those of us who don't have super cameras?)
    Love the changes you made - I have heard of picnik, but not investigated further... perhaps I should ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails