Monday, June 6, 2011

bridges and baby planking



Photography Challenge, Day 6 of 30: 'From a Low Angle'.







I love all the angles of the Harbor Bridge's girders and the stark, industrial feel that they create. Perfect for a shot from a low angle. So yes, I dragged my family out there and I snapped bridges from low angles and Will planked on Daddy's hands. :) Above is the pic I have chosen.






















I had another play with that home made bokeh filter and turned all the sun's sparkles into hearts. I have yet to actually take a particularly cool shot but I intend to!








Here's what I've learnt about bokeh so far: open the aperture right up (I go to 1.4), and then focus on something other than the sparkles/lights. Or, making the whole shot blurry is even easier. I have yet to try it at night so hopefully I will be able to get a few cool pics that way. Click here, here or here for instructions on making a filter. I didn't have a heart stamp but cut my own heart into the cardboard and it works fine. Might make a few other shapes this week.


Hope you all had wonderful long weekends! Be back tomorrow with 'fruit'.


x
White Peach Photo

8 comments:

  1. oh Dee your photos are just amazing!! breathtakingly amazing!!! what lens are you using?
    Im going to try the bokeh thing ...esp loving the heart one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leonie!! All of these (in fact most of my photos) are shot with a 50mm 1.4 lens. It really is an amazing lens--takes very sharp pics. Bokeh is super fun, you should totally try it!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Bridge shot!!!! LOVE the ones with Nat and the kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need a 50mm lens.... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your photos are stunning. Love the baby planking ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your baby planking - gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby planking! LOVE it! Love the industrial vibe. And LOVING the bokeh! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails